Saturday, August 30, 2008

More Vacation pics

Okay, sorry it's been so long. I know I promised to post a couple of follow-ups. It's been just a little... crazy around here lately. School for Brice and I, trying to get Raelin into school, dog mess (and loss), etc., etc., etc.

So here it is, the rest of our summer break:

I told you I had a story about a campout without all the bare necessities. This is how it happened. The boys said they would get everything up to the dinner picnic site if we would wait for the kids to finish napping and make some salsa. So we did. As we were leaving, I thought, "I'll bet they only bought one bag of chips, so I'll bring the half bag we have so there are enough for everyone. One bag for 13 people just won't cut it." So I did. Then Melissa said, "Do we need to bring cake mix or anything for the dessert?" I said, "The guys said they'd get it all, so I guess not." We should have checked. As we were driving up there I started to get skeptical that they had remembered any of the things that we moms know are needed when you have 7 hungry kids and no kitchen. Forks, plates, cups, paper towels, etc. And I started to bet myself that they had forgotten to get anything from the house at all and just took what they had bought at the store. That would mean no bratwursts for the adults; just hot dogs all around (minus ketchup or any other condiments), no dessert, and nothing to eat with or out of. When I got there, the first thing they said was, "We forgot a few things." I said, "I had a feeling." They said, "What were you thinking we were missing?" So I rattled off a list of about 6 things and William's jaw dropped. "Yeah, that's about everything!" I was feeling psychic that day. But they did remember all the things they needed to shoot the guns! Typical... :)

We had a great time around the fire, though, and we ate the hot dogs and the beans (out of clay pigeons, as you can see in the pictures!) and the bag and a half of chips with salsa. We shot the guns and the kids played in the meadow. It was lots of fun! Even without all the goodies. Maybe one of these days we'll be able to get our act together and remember everything (for those of you that haven't read the previous posts, the last 2 times I've been the culpable one in the forgetting department). Then again, maybe not...
These pictures are from our day trip up Provo Canyon. The water was FREEZING! It made my legs ache. I don't know how the kids do it. Melissa got some wonderful pictures. Here are a few of them:Awwww. Isn't he cute!?

Can you fins McKay in the picture above?
Look at that belly! Geez, I look huge for only being 4 months along in this picture. Lame!
Cute cousins!
Seriously, could he be any cuter? Look at those little cheeks. Don't you just want to pinch them? And I love, love, love that hair.
And here is Elias, the funny guy. Have you ever seen such excitement? He is just SO happy to be freezing his little buns off. Maybe he's just numb by now...



My boys. I sure love them.
And here are the inseparable cousins. They wanted to be together ever possible moment while the Andrew's were here. I loved watching them play and put their imaginations together in their own little world. They were like peas and carrots.

0 comments: