Monday, January 18, 2010

Computer troubles

So, our lousy computer is at the end of its life. It will never see Windows again and I now have to learn a new operating system to do anything with this contraption. We tried desperately to save it, but, alas, to no avail. It contracted the mother of all viruses (thanks to us watching Lost via some shady websites Brice found) and it infiltrated the system until the hard drive was no longer readable or writable using Windows. We tried to partition a section of the hard drive with another operating system so that we could find and kill that evil virus, but we lost the battle. So we had to dump Windows and load Linux as our only operating system. We still have the internet, but the word processing system will be touch and go as far as compatibility. We'll see how this goes. Fortunately, we didn't have very many pictures or documents that weren't backed up. A few, but we'll live. The big loss was the hours I had just spent on our music files sorting, organizing, deleting duplicates, and converting it all to MP3's. Oh well. Just don't expect any pictures here on the blog for a while until I figure out how to do pictures with the new system. Bummer, because Alaina's first birthday was yesterday and she had a great time. And her monkey cake was really cute. Today she had a Dr.'s appointment and she is maintaining her fallen-off-the-bottom-of-the-growth-chart weight curve. She weighs 16 lbs 9 oz. I estimated that she would be in her rear-facing car seat for 6 more months and the doctor, looking at her chart, said I was probably right. I love her littleness! It's so cute and endearing. Okay, that's all for now. I really need to be finding a care provider for this pregnancy seeing as how I'm probably at least 15 weeks along and haven't seen a dr. and I don't have an official due date. Do any of you locals have a suggestion/recommendation for a midwife? I think we're going to go for a home birth with this one.

0 comments: