Saturday, November 20, 2010

Kari's baby

Originally, we'd wanted to make a trip out to California in the summer, but that never ended up working out. But my wonderful friend Kari, who may as well be my sister, was due to have a baby in the middle to end of September and she thought it would be fun if I could be there when her baby was born. Being the most amazing telepathic fortune telling momma I know, she was able to predict over a month ahead of time when her baby would be born. She was thinking the weekend of September 17th so she said that if we were able to come out, we should try to come around that time. It worked out for us to go out that weekend and lo and behold, Chloe was born on the 18th!

Kari took Hypnobabies via the home-study course. She is so in tune with her body and just has generally great intuition about things. I was pretty sure that if anyone could achieve pain-free birthing with Hypnobabies, it was Kari. As we talked about it during our pregnancies, I became more and more convinced that she would be pain free. I was so excited to see how things turned out for her!

Her hubby, Glen called me (and I'm so grateful that he was brave enough to call me at my in-law's house in the middle of the night!) at around 2:30 in the morning on Saturday and said that they were at the hospital and that Kari was at a 5 and that they would call again when things were closer. Glen called back a little before 4am and said that Chloe had been born around 3:30! The next thing out of Glen's mouth (he'd been a bit skeptical about the Hypnobabies thing) was, "Hypnobabies ROCKS!!!!" Then Kari got on the phone and told me a little about her birthing experience. She had done so great and had no pain right up until pushing when she lost her focus a little bit and started to feel some pain. But she made it!!!! I'm SO proud of her!
Doesn't she look AMAZING for just having had a baby a few hours earlier!?
We went down in the morning when everyone was up and ready and we got to meet little Chloe.
Proud Daddy. He was SO proud of Kari, too. He loved telling people how great she'd done with NO drugs!
Even though Landon was only 3 months old at the time, he was SO much bigger than a brand new baby. Mom and baby were doing great and they went home the next day.
Oh, and Kari MADE her own hospital gown! It was beautiful!
We got to visit them again at their house and join them for dinner. It was so great to see Kari and Glen and their cute, growing family! We love you! Congratulations! And sorry for taking SO LONG to post about your wonderful day and amazing accomplishment!

On a side note, my sister Gina had her baby Russell on March 29th. Landon was born 4 days shy of 3 months later on June 25th. Chloe was born one week shy of 3 months after that on September 18th. Interesting....

1 comments:

Cummins Family said...

Wow!! Thanks for bragging about me...I LOVE it! hahaha!! I'm so glad you came out, you know I just love you to pieces! We are definitely sisters!!!