Saturday, May 19, 2012

The New Normal

This is a day in the life of me. At least a snippet of it. I can't even tell you how often I have multiple children crying and whining and vying for my attention. I just don't have that many arms and I don't have a clone (oh, how I could use a clone!) so I just have to laugh. Well, I try to. In this case, since I wasn't going to get anywhere with all their fussing, I just stopped to wait until we were ready to move on and I thought I'd video it for posterity. 

In case you can't tell what I'm saying over the crying noise, I said (more or less), "This is shopping. Three little tiny people. Oh, this one stopped for a minute. How nice it that! They just all cry when we try to shop. And when she gets upset she sits on the floor."

Oh the joys of motherhood! It literally does cross my mind several times a day, "Oh, if I could just split in half right now so I could to wipe that one's tushy, nurse the other one, and help this one with homework all at the same time!" I truly feel like I'm being physically yanked in so many directions at the same time throughout my day. And the whole day isn't like that, but it's either one or the other. Either people are napping and playing quietly and nicely or EVERYONE needs something and is yelling, crying, whining, or fighting simultaneously. So I either feel calm and peaceful and content (like right now--two are sleeping (three if you count Brice), one is on an outing with a friend, and two are watching a movie (I know, weird for us, but something's gotta give these days so I've loosened up a LOT with the media. I hate it but it helps me keep my sanity. I hope I don't damage them too much with it...)) or like a complete nut-case on her way to a lengthy stint in the loony bin. Sometimes the loony bin sounds like a vacation. ;)

0 comments: