Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!!

Here are the Somers' family "punkins." Left to right: Brice's, Ryker's, Morgan's, and Raelin's. Raelin carved hers all by herself. It's a ghost and it's really good (though you can't really tell from the picture) for a four year old!


I tried a new kind of pumpkin carving this year. I found a book at the library that taught how to carve faces so I gave it a shot. It turned out pretty well. Not as good as the guy's in the book, but not bad for my first try. Here we are at our ward's trunk-or-treat. (Ooh, that reminds me, I'd better get the candy we brought out of the trunk before morning so it doesn't melt!) Momma the nurse, Daddy the M&M, Raelin the punkin, and Ryker the baseball.

This year's costumes were so easy! I bought an orange sweatshirt a few sizes too big, turned it inside out so the picture wouldn't show and sewed on a jack-o-lantern face cut from black fleece.
For Ryker's baseball, I got a white sweatshirt that was too big and used puffy paint to paint the stitches on the baseball. Stuff the sweatshirts, add matching sweat pants (black for Ryker and Raelin wanted orange) to complete the outfits and viola! Halloween is DONE!
We had an entourage of adults again this year and it was lots of fun! Grammy, Granddad, Uncle Jordan, Uncle Wee-yum, Uncle Wee-yum #2 (AKA Angel--Ryker sometimes calls her Uncle Wee-yum even though he knows she's Angel. It's hilarious!), Tia, and Uncle Toby all joined us for various parts of our Halloween festivities. Liam was the cutest cowboy you've ever seen and I don't have pictures of him (well, I do from my parent's house a few days ago--they're part of the previous post), but when I get them, I'll post them (It was dark by the time he joined us and my camera doesn't do so well in the dark). His costume morphed, as Angel cut away the fabric, from a baseball bat to a sting ray to a football to a monkey to a cowboy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I love the costumes!! Miss you guys out here. I have some good news twice over to tell you guys...Well three I guess. If you can drop me a line on email my address is sarahrnorbryhn@yahoo.com I'll catch ya up on all the good stuff.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BreAn said...

I loved the costumes! :) And I loved how easy they were to make. I'm gonna have to use your idea next year!!