Thursday, October 11, 2007

Smarty Pants and Girly Man

So, this little almost four-year-old girl says the most amazing things! The way that she puts words together is beyond her hears. Unfortunately for her, hearing those sorts of things coming from such a little mouth makes us grown ups laugh and she thinks she's being laughed at. I know because I still remember when I was a kid and grown ups would laugh at me and didn't know why--I thought I had said something clever or intelligent and they thought I was funny. Now I get it, but then back then I was really hurt. Poor kids. Anyway, since she won't hear anyone's laughter, I'll tell you some stories about her grown up way of talking. The other day Angel and I were in the car talking and Raelin asked a question. Angel and I found my answer amusing and Raelin said, "I see nothing funny here!" to which Angel and I just laughed harder. Poor Raelin looked so forlorn! But she is just so CUTE!


This morning we were eating breakfast and Raelin was talking about some lions from a story and she said, "He wasn't nice to him when he was a little kid. A cub, I should say." What three-year-old says that!?! I love it! In this picture, she's a mommy with a baby in her tummy. She loves to play house with Ryker and she always wants a baby in her belly, even if she's the daddy.

Ryker is such a boy. Throwing, hitting, trucks, mud, all that good stuff. Until it comes to shoes... He loves to put on shoes. He tends to find girl ones more often than boy ones. So in this picture, my little girly-man is vacuuming like a good little housewife in his high heels with his tractor purse. That's a backhoe hanging from a camera strap slung over his shoulder. He cracks me up!

And he loves to have his hair done. Usually I just put a pony tail on top, but this time he brought me two hair ties so we did pig tails. What perfect little bangs! Hilarious!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leah and Elias got a big kick from Ryker's ponytails. All I can say is--he's going to hate that picture when he's thirteen!!!!
Melissa

BreAn said...

I love this post. Its so fun to watch how your kids have grown, even if we haven't been close by for it all.

The Queen said...

Wonderful post! Astute observation of potentially being misunderstood as a parent... does one some good to know that our parents always did their very best...
Much love,
Auntie Kyle

Jordan said...

How fun that we are all finding eachother in the "blog" world! Your children are adorable! They've grown so much since I last saw them! My dad just sent me CRAZY pictures of the fires! So devastating. Chelsea and her HUSBAND are living in San Diego county and were on evacuation warning...of course, they were on their honeymoon so it didn't bother them much! I'll check your blog often! Enjoy your new house!!!