Saturday, December 20, 2008

30 Days Left!

Okay, so it took me a while to get the pictures on my computer so I could finish this post, but better late than never, right. Anyway, here are the pictures along with the post I wrote a while ago.

Well, would you look at that! We're down to only 30 days left before baby day. Do you really think she will wait until then? I hope not! The other kids were early so I think this one will be too. She dropped the other day, and I have a Dr. appointment on Monday, so maybe she'll give us an idea of whether or not we are really getting close. It kinda feels like it, but then again, I've had lots of hunches with this pregnancy and they've all been wrong.
Another exciting thing is that we are done with school for the semester! WOOHOOO!!! This semester was pretty killer. Brice had 14.5 units and I had 15.5 units. That's 30 units for our little family to juggle. It was quite a difficult task. We even finished all of our finals but one by Wednesday, so we'll get two and a half weeks of break before Winter semester starts. Hopefully we can rehabilitate our kids from our crazy schedule over the next two weeks an start next semester with a good schedule and normal kids. I mean, they're normal, given all that they've been through this semester, but they aren't their normal selves. Ryker has very little self control and Raelin gets to be a whiny mess. They didn't used to be like that. Winter should be easier too because even though we'll have a new baby, we'll each only be taking 12 units. And it will by my last semester. Then the kids will have a full time mommy again. I think we'll all miss the time Brice has been getting to spend with the kids with both of us going to school, but I think it will be better to live at a slower pace. I'll miss school a lot and I'll miss having my own "thing" to do, but I also know that I really need to get a handle on this parenting thing and learn to adopt more child-centered goals. Right now most of my motives are me-centered and that's not very good for kids. And with a new baby, I don't want to be gone half the time. Babies need their mommies.

And one final note: Christmas is almost here! But you already knew that. Around here, though, Christmas doesn't really come until after finals week. Brice and I got to go shopping yesterday for the kids and for once, I decided not to stress about a budget and to just get the kids the things I wanted to get them. I didn't even bargain shop! It was SO much fun! I only know a few people that are more of a tightwad than I am, so not going all over town from store to store to get the best deals and buying things that I think are overpriced are way out of character for me, but I did it and it was fun! I also did most of my other shopping via the KSL classifieds (local e-newspaper) and had a lot of fun with that too. And got some killer deals. It's kind of strange to go Christmas shopping at strangers' houses, but it's fun. And the things you get all have stories to go with them. We also got our Christmas tree today and I have to say it is the prettiest one I think we've ever had. Now it's time to go wrap presents, so I'd better go. Have a merry Christmas everyone!

0 comments: