Sunday, December 28, 2008

Visitors

We had some visitors at our house for a few days before Christmas. My brother and sister went to Las Vegas for a few days and we took care of their dogs while they were gone. It sure was nice to have dogs around the house again. Cats just aren't the same. And the cat we have is the most dog-like cat I've ever seen. She plays and attacks things like a dog, but she just doesn't play WITH us. She's really a funny cat and I've surprisingly enjoyed having her around, but I miss my doggies. So with Jesse and Gina's dogs here, it was very clear that we NEED a dog. Can you tell?This is Jesse's dog Lady. She is the sweetest thing ever. I love her! And so does Raelin, obviously. She's lovey and sweet and docile. She reminds me of how Jax was in the last year or so (he was way hyper before that).

Gina's dog Sadie is a beautiful chocolate lab, but she was kinda getting on my nerves, but I think Brice likes her as much as I like Lady. I was really only bothered by Sadie because I'm pregnant and irritable, and she's still very much a puppy. She reminds me of Kira because she's very food oriented and demanding, but Kira was just ridiculous in her demands and Sadie is reasonable. She barks when she's hungry and when she needs to go out and when she's thirsty. Kira, on the other hand, barked for HOURS just for want of a blanket to lay on. And I do mean hours. She would not give up ever. And Sadie is very much house trained whereas Kira never was. Gina and Toby have done a good job of training a very energetic dog with difficult-to-manage drives. And she's really, really pretty! We were gone a lot, but it was fun to have an occupied yard again and to have dogs to wrestle with and pet and love and hug. Cats don't like hugs. Just in case you were wondering.

1 comments:

Gina said...

Hey thanks for the complaments about my puppy. Sometimes I feel like you and I think I'm not doing a good job with Sadie so its nice to hear from others that we are doing ok. By the way I think you are just about the best mother I have ever seen!!! So just to pass on the good feelings!! and I cant wait for Alaina to come. I miss having a baby around!!