Thursday, February 26, 2009

Midnight Adventures

So, not last night, but the night before we had some interesting goings on around here. Ryker had gone down for a nap the afternoon prior and he would go to sleep. I went in there and scolded him and left. Meanwhile, Raelin was in her room resting (AKA playing quietly with toys) A while later I heard playing noises from Ryker's room so I went and barged in to scold him again and make him lie down. Unfortunately, he was asleep after all, right behind the door. So when I marched in, I whacked him with the door and woke him up. I felt SO bad! It was Raelin that was making all the noise! So I tried to help Ryker go back to sleep, but he wouldn't. So I told him that even though it was my fault he got woken up, he still needed to be on his best behavior or he was going to his room. He turns into a terror when he's tired, as I'm sure you all know by now. He wasn't on his best behavior for long and he ended up in his room by about 5:30, at which time he fell asleep. We didn't bother waking him up for dinner or anything and we just hoped he'd sleep through the night.

At about 4:30 in the morning he was up. And shortly after that, Raelin was up too! And dressed in her Snow White dress. I thought, "Oh, great. She is SO not a morning person. Getting ready for school is going to suck." We kept telling them to go to bed, but they wouldn't. Finally at about 5:30 I was able to drag myself out of bed because they were getting too loud. I went into Raelin's room and found her mattress halfway on the floor and halfway on the box springs (they like to do that to make a slide) and her headboard on top of that. I startd fussing at them about how they aren't supposed to do that and Raelin said, "We had to do it to catch the mousie. Do you want to see it?" I said, "No! I don't want to see your mousie; I want you to go to bed! It's the middle of the night!" Then it started to register what she'd said. I started looking at what they were playing with in Raelin's pony castle, hoping to see one of their stuffed mice. And there on the castle runway sat a real, live mouse!This is not THE mouse, just a generic mouse picture--I didn't think to get the camera at 5:30 in the morning.

I said, "WHERE DID YOU GET THAT!?" Raelin said, "Motors (the cat) brought it to me. It bit me but it didn't even hurt!" Oh, good, it bites. I told them to go wash their hands with soap and I took the mouse downstairs to throw it back outside. Ryker saw where I was headed and started to cry, "Don't throw our mousie outside! It will die!" Then I turned and saw Motors at the bookshelf downstairs with ANOTHER mouse cornered! How in the world did she sneak TWO mice into the house!? I looked to the back door and it was wide open! Brice had opened it before he came to bed, called the cat, and then started turning out lights. He came to bed having forgotten that he'd opened the door for the kitty, so she spent the night hunting and sharing her spoils with the kids. Oh, how sweet! NOT!
This is the perfect evil kitty picture for this post!

5 comments:

NicholsSouth said...

HAHA!!! That's awesome!! SO funny! I'm sure at 5am it wasn't...

Vanessa said...

Oh my gosh, Morgan! I would have died. This is Vanessa, Tori's step-daughter. Found your blog through Sophi and I love seeing your pics and reading about what your up to. If you want to view my blog, email me at javyoung@yahoo.com and I will invite you. Take care! Your kids are adorable and new baby-beautiful!

Gina said...

haha that is such a sommers story!!!

C Tam said...

That is such the greatest story. I almost wish it happened to me.

Jordan said...

Oh my gosh!