Sunday, February 1, 2009

Three-year-old Boys


So, does anyone else have a three-year-old son that for some reason can't manage to sit in a chair? Mine keeps falling out! I can't figure it out! I mean, really, how hard is it to SIT IN A CHAIR!? Is this some special skill that some people just never master? Or is there just something wrong with my son that makes him spontaneously fall off the chair and crash headlong onto the floor? And it's not like he falls and lands on his feet. Oh, no, he crashes and burns and ends up in a crumpled heap. It seriously happens every single day at least once. Sometimes he gets hurt; sometimes not. But every time I look at him and think, "What is WRONG with him?"

And do your three-year-olds run around your houses like chimpanzees? Or just mine? Do your three-year-olds do the pee-pee dance until you actually have to tell them to go to the bathroom? Do your three-year-olds turn everything they touch into a sword or a gun or some other kind of weapon? Does your three-year-old spill everything he touches? Does your three-year-old wipe EVERYTHING on his shirt? Oh, this drives me batty! No matter how many times I tell him not to or how many napkins are in front of him, he ALWAYS wipes his food-encrusted mouth and his snotty nose and his grimy hands on his shirt! Anyone else suffering from this syndrome?

But I'll bet your three-year-old has never said, "Mommy, I want to listen to Dr. Laura!"

Gotta love those three-year-olds...

3 comments:

Jordan said...

Oh, Morgan! Sounds like you have a normal, active three-year-old boy! Just try to enjoy him, and try not to kill him! Owen is still a little like that and we're approaching 5!

melissa said...

What a normal son you have!!! He and Elias (and Mckay) can share T-shirt stain recipes. Maybe we should tie mops to their behinds and drape them in plastic to keep them clean. Add to that a couple of cushions to protect them from falls . . . .
Well, what fun is that?!!
Trust me, he is soooo normal. (We're the crazy ones)!

Beck said...

LOL, sounds like my life with my son Landon...except he is only 2! Hope things are good with you guys (: