Friday, October 23, 2009

Fall is here (yay for pretty trees, boo for cold)

Okay, okay. I'll conform. Clearly Blogger wants me to put the label or caption for pictures before the actual picture and I always put it below. But the way they have it spaced is starting to get to me, so I'll just do it their way. Are you happy!?

Moving on...

Despite the cooler weather, we still love going up the canyon. I especially like to go up and make dinner over the fire. Brice doesn't like the prep, but after he eats whatever yummy dutch oven concoction we came up with, I think he realizes that it is so worth it!
Raelin likes to go up the canyon so she can climb trees. Sometimes she thinks she's stuck, but she's getting good at figuring out how to get unstuck on her own.
The kids love the park at Jolley's Ranch and I can't think of a prettier backdrop!

Ryker wanted to plant potatoes this year and even though I was out of space in the garden, I just couldn't say no and squelch his excitement. So we harvested them last week and they were so yummy! Ryker did a great job of watering them and mulching them and I loved his enthusiasm all season long about his potatoes. He never tired of telling everyone about the potatoes he was growing in his garden in true Ryker fashion--completely animated. My favorite comment from Ryker as we were digging up potatoes: "I'M SO PROUD OF THEM!!!!"
Brice is adding dog houses as a facet to his shed business. Here's his first one:
And this is my most favorite Alaina face. She makes this face and blows in and out her nose. She started doing it to express discontentment but she got such a great reaction from me and the kids that she does it just about any time we ask her to. SO FUNNY!

And here's her fishy/kissy face.

And, guess who's going to be a new momma!!!!!
Yup! Gina and Toby are expecting a baby boy on April first--which is also our dad's birthday!
Alaina loves bananas and I can just give her the whole thing and she just chows! And makes a giant mess.
So cute!



Alaina loves to swing!

"Squeeeeeeeal!"
See, now you know why I take pictures of her all day! I could just eat her UP!

Cute cousins
STANDING!


The end

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Love all the pics, especially fishy kissy face on that sweet baby of yours! So excited for Gina! I always put caption under the pic too, had no idea you are supposed to put it above the pic, maybe I'll have to conform too! :)

Cummins Family said...

YAY! I LOVE to see pictures of your beautiful children! They are too stinkin' cute! Alaina reminds me so much of Riley, just happy ALL the time...every moment is a perfect picture moment! I'm so glad that you take so many pictures it's so fun! I love you! I miss you!