Monday, September 6, 2010

Visiting

My grandparents, bless them, changed a ton of their plans to come out for Landon's baby blessing this weekend. We are SO glad they came and we had such a great time with them! They had a LOT of family to visit in their short stay in Utah, so on Saturday we met up with them and my cousin and her kids at my parents' house for a 4 generation gathering. The grown-ups all had a great time visiting and the kids had a great time running amok. ("Who, me?")The grandparents were in baby heaven! I always enjoy watching my Grandpa Tom (Landon's middle name is for him, by the way) with the kids and especially with the babies. He always takes a few minutes to hold them quietly and get to know them. He has a sense for the spirits of babies and it is so sweet to watch him tune into them and love them.There was Landon (2 months), Rachel (3 months), Russell (5 months), Alaina (19 months), and Gracie (a little over 2 years). The big kids (Raelin-6, Ryker-5, and Blake-4, I think) had fun going to a pond with my dad and picking apples in from a tree nearby to feed to the horse. They also climbed trees and played on the trampoline. Ryker got stuck in the tree and my grandpa climbed up to rescue him! I was going to, but he insisted. Christa and Gina and I (all the little mommas) had a great time chatting and laughing. Christa has the greatest sense of humor! We missed her husband Ryker (that's where we got our Ryker's name--isn't it such a great name!?), but he was busy working. Christa, if you're reading this, Gina and I decided we have to hang out more! We had SO MUCH FUN! And we ate LOTS of cupcakes. Mmmmm. And the kids ate lots of Ranch. Carrots and celery to toddlers are just orange and green spoons.

0 comments: