Sunday, September 5, 2010

Wow, I'm behind!

I hadn't realized how long it's been since I posted until I looked through the pictures on my camera and thought, "I haven't blogged ANY of these!!" So here we go. First I'll post the random pictures from the last little while and then I'll do a few separate posts about events or whatever I have pictures of that lend themselves to their own post. Okay, so in no particular order...

Alaina is adorable.

I love this picture of Landon cuddling his little mousie.
Alaina fits in Russell's clothes! Okay, well, Russell doesn't quite fit in this outfit yet, but Alaina got hers all wet or dirty or something and Gina loaned us this and I thought it was SO cute on her!


Shopping at Walmart, Alaina grabbed these off the shelf and started modeling for us. She's such a ham!

So, we pulled into the parking lot at WM and Brice saw this dog in the car and from the back, thought it was a lady. We had to get a picture. Can't tell you how many times we saw people taking pictures of Jax sitting in our car (always the driver's seat) looking all person-like. Wish we'd have been one of the picture-takers once...
People ask all the time how it is with 4 kids. Here's how it is:
They say not to cry over spilled milk, but sometimes, that's just all you can do. Everything else is relatively easy. It's Alaina who is the hardest due to her constant getting into things, lack of understanding and disobedience (she hasn't yet learned that she needs to do what mommy and daddy ask, which is rather hard to teach with a little sucker attached to me for a good portion of the day). Today, for instance, we were outside and she was dragging a toy vacuum towards the intersection by our house. Brice said, "Alaina, no!" She looked at him thoughtfully. He said, "You'll get a spankin'!" She said, "Okey," and headed out into the road.

We took the kids to the waterfall Brice and I had gone to for our anniversary.

Ryker was brave enough to get wet under it, but I think he rather regretted it later. Not so happy about being cold on the way back...
Little miss independent. Walking the log bridge all alone! I love Raelin in the background too!



It's a little blurry but I love this picture of the two of them with their heads together studying bugs. This is how they are most of the time, despite all the complaining I do about all their fighting. It's always one or the other.
My handsome man showing off his cheeser.
And my baby man showing off one of his first attempts at a cheeser. Trying to figure out how to coordinate all those muscles! He's mostly got it figured out now. And he's got way cute little dimples!
Look at that funny face! Love the eye brows, the little mouth, and especially the ears! He's only a month and a half old in this picture--look how well he holds that head! Which is funny because he's still such a squishy kid. Alaina was SO strong when she was born and Landon was pretty much the opposite--a complete mush ball. But he's growing fast!
Ryker's crane pose
Later in the evening, Ryker fell awkwardly between these two stumps and hit the back of his head. He's the only person I know who can fall forward but hit the back of their head. Poor guy.

We met my parents at this beautiful place called Daniel's Summit to hang out for the day at their campsite. The kids had a blast riding ATV's and playing. And getting dirty.
Ryker's sharpening Granddad's shovel. Where does he come up with this stuff? He just found a rock and started honing that edge! If it had been a proper medium, he'd have ended up with a pretty sharp edge! Where'd he learn to do that?
Why is it that kids never use things the way they were intended?

Landon's ever-present worried face:



Bunch of monkeys

Look how long he is!
Okay, well that's it for all the random stuff I had to catch up on. More to follow--stay tuned!

0 comments: