Friday, November 4, 2011

Landon's Haircut

Before:
So sad! I absolutely LOVE Landon's hair!
It's so soft and long and curly and surfer-dude-ish!
But, alas, all good things must come to an end. At least, when it comes to hair, it's usually temporary. I don't know what it was about Halloween, but apparently we turned a corner and the "girl" comments began.
I knew that day would come eventually, but the sudden consistency with which I was getting comments that indicated people thought Landon was a girl meant that he really needed a cut.
I'd also been wanting to cut it for a while because it's in his eyes all the time.
I'd been debating about it and putting it off for a while because I loved his surfer look and because I didn't know how to cut it in a way that would free up those eyes without giving him a mullet but also without losing too much length and those awesome curls. I was planning to take him in for this first time so that I could watch how someone who knew what they were doing would accomplish that, but in the end, I just wasn't going to get around to it anytime soon so I did it myself.
I think his haircut looks just fine but I really just liked the shaggy, curly, mop so much better.
It was just so Landon. I tried to cut it as close to how it was after the last time I cut it (just trimmed off the goofy baby hair) so that when it grows a couple inches, it will go right back to the surfer-dude look. Let's hope it works!

2 comments:

C Tam said...

yep, he is definitely more "boyish" with that cut. Nice job; cutting a toddler's hair is no small task. I just did Liam's a few days ago, and there are still little spots that bug me and I should touch up, but he won't let me near his head anymore.

melissa said...

He looks morelike Ryker now. I will miss those curls! But you are right, he can't grow up thinking he's a girl!