Friday, August 3, 2012

Ailey

Ailey has been learning and growing in leaps and bounds lately! I think she's the most solid of all my babies. I'd say the chunkiest, but she still doesn't really have rolls anywhere like a true chunky baby. She's just thick and dense. She is so quick to smile and she has the chubbiest joker-smile ever! She has a sweet temperament and is really laid back and easy going. I adore her!

 She's been learning to make faces lately and she loves to show them off for the camera.


I'd laid her down for a nap and she likes to sleep in the boppy pillow, but she's getting so mobile that I found her like this, all contorted. Guess she didn't mind though because when the camera noise woke her, this is what I got:


I love her big, pokey-outey ears and chubby cheeks! They make me laugh.
 This is a little series where I just kept clicking away because she kept making such great faces:






Favorite!


 Different day, but more of her funny faces:

She recently learned how to blow raspberries and it's so funny. She just gives it all she's got!
 This girl has got some CRAZY hair!! I don't even know where to start in trying to make it presentable (cuz babies NEED presentable hair, right!) but about two weeks ago it suddenly went curly. But since it's only long on top and the rest is all short, it just looks hilarious! There's nothing I can do with it at this point but wait for it to grow. Even if I try to tame it, she is such a sweaty kid that it ends up all curly and crazy as soon as she either nurses or sleeps.




Last time I posted, she was just barely sitting up and I stayed right there with her in case she fell over. But already, just a week or so later, she sits pretty well on her own and when she falls over, it's slower and more controlled so I don't worry about sitting her down and walking away.
 She's also getting ready to crawl! Look at this girl! She's, what, like five months and a week? And already up on hands and knees rocking! A mover and shaker, this one!

 Even though she's not crawling just yet, she still gets around pretty well! She rolls all over the place and kicks and scoots. Several times in the last few days I've laid her on a blanket on the floor and then found her like this shortly afterwards. She just rolls herself up and gets all tangled! No more blankets for her! It's becoming a hazard!

Still, nothing phases her. Once I untangled her, I found this sweet little face looking up at me! Not a bit miffed or ruffled! Just happy as a clam.

Codey loves her. She doesn't seem to mind him much either. She doesn't cry or anything, just squirms. Half the time, she doesn't turn away either, just takes a good licking.

Tummy sleeper

0 comments: