Friday, August 3, 2012

Fun pictures

I'm going to do event posts in a minute, but first I thought I'd just do random pictures I like.

Brice is the cutest daddy! He laid himself down right in front of Ailey so she could play with his hair! They both loved it!

Alaina tends to think that Ailey is her own personal toy and I know it's only going to get worse as Ailey gets old enough for Alaina to dress up like a doll, but they sure are cute!

I just can't get enough of her smiles!

Raelin's snake got loose one night. Can you find her? (I'll post the answer  at the end of this post even though it shouldn't be too hard to spot her)

Look how much she's grown! She used to be  as thin as a pencil and now she's thicker than Raelin's thumb!


Trying really hard not to get my hopes too high for this girl to have bright blue Somers eyes, but I can't help it! They are SO pretty!

My little dude is such a crack-up!! I love him!




Daddy with his babies. They love his cuddles.

Mr. Toothless! He finally lost the second top tooth. He loves pulling his teeth out. I think he always pulls them out a bit early because they've all had a pretty long stem on 'em.

I was hoping she'd fall asleep all swaddled, but she kicked her legs free and then played with her toys with her feet. A video would have captured how funny-looking it was better, but you'll just have to make do with the still.

This is a CONSTANT discovery after naptime. Naked, poop-covered child, poopy bed, poopy blankets and stuffed animals thrown on the floor. I can't even count the number of times I've had to clean this crib. Anyone who's ever had to clean a crib knows that it is a royal PITA. I don't know why he gets it all over his hands and then smears it all over the bars, but he does. Still trying to figure out how to potty train the boy when he ONLY poops during naptime. Oh, AND I had TWO diapers on him this time! It's become the only way I can keep him "contained." I put a disposable on him so I don't have to wash out the cloth (he's too smelly) and then I put a cloth diaper with snaps over that. The snaps seem to be more than he can handle, but not this time!!

Bunch of vidiot children. I've gone soft in my old age (or desperate in light of my loss of sanity--however you want to look at it) and these kids get WAY more screen time than I'm comfortable with, but life, being what it is, something's got to give.

The princess got a boo-boo. She was doing her signature spinney skirt twirl where she flings herself around as hard as she can to make her skirt flare. The problem is that she crashes to the floor more often than not. It always makes me cringe as I watch her head flying towards walls, couches, and other such obstacles. This time, her nose met the coffee table. 

(weird washed out picture, but I love how green her eyes are in this one) We thought it might be broken, but she recovered so quickly we figured it probably wasn't. Within just a few minutes, she was more concerned with how uncomfortable it was to have blood all over her (there was a LOT of blood! I mean really, A LOT!) than she was about the pain. She wasn't very gentle with her poor damaged face as she grabbed the tissue out of Brice's hand and roughly scrubbed the tickles away. Then she went right back to playing without a care in the world.

And she still knows she's cute. I think we're in trouble with this one! Look at that pose! She's only THREE! Where did she learn that? The bruising is still getting worse by the day before it gets better. I'm looking forward to the sickly green color that I'm sure will be here in a day or two. Today the bruising is darker and goes all the way to the bottom of her nose.
Funny story about this princess. I don't ever call her princess as a pet name unless I'm making a joke, usually at her expense. But the other day we were playing with some friends and I called her name. No response. I called again. Nothing. Again. Tried a funny high voice. Funny low voice. Middle name. Finally, just to see what would happen, I called, "Hey, Princess!" Immediate response: eye contact.


And here's the snake. Fitting that she hid where she'd blend in best on many levels.... With the animals. :)
As is always the case for us with our pets, it required Divine inspiration to find her. We looked and looked and then I said a prayer. My next thought was to look in the animal bucket. I looked on the three sides facing the room and continued looking elsewhere. The thought came again to check the animal bucket more thoroughly. When I turned it around, there she was!

0 comments: