Wednesday, July 16, 2008

And finally, the post we've all been waiting for!

So I'm finally getting around to posting our exciting news that many of you already know, but here's the formal blog announcement: We are going to have a new addition to our family! And no, it's not another dog. We are going to have a baby! The baby is due on January 19th. Raelin hopes it's a girl and Ryker is certain it's a boy (he wants to name it Sebastian). Someone's going to be mighty disappointed! But both kids are really excited (as are Brice and I)! This explains part of my blogging slacker-ness and why I haven't been feeling well and why Raelin has stepped up to be my helper (see previous posts). Our family is very much ready for a new baby and the joy it will bring! We are SO excited!!!!

And as you can see, I'm already showing! What is up with that!? I didn't show until five months with the other kids, but already, at three months, I'm at that awkward "Is she pregnant or just getting fat?" stage. So for any of you that have been wondering that, I'm pregnant (not fat... okay, well maybe a little) and I've actually lost five pounds!
And here are the cute and proud big brother- and big sister-to-be. I'm excited to see how they each interact with a new little baby since they are both old enough to understand what it means to have a new baby and to help take care of it and to understand what "gentle!" means!
And this final picture is just to show off one of our latest projects completed. We were inspired by Kollin's handiwork and the fact that our kids LOVED the sandbox he'd build for his daughter, Kourtney, when we visited last week, so we wanted to build a sandbox of our own. The kids absolutely love it! Brice even put in a water spigot for them so they can build sand castles, but I'm not so sure I like how much mess comes with it. So we'll see if the water spout stays... It's a cool feature, but is it really worth all the sand in the house and wet clothes and extra laundry? I just don't know.

7 comments:

BreAn said...

Congrats!! We are SO excited for you too! You post made me laugh...they do understand the word gentle eventually!?
And that sandbox is awesome! You'll have to let me know if letting them have water with it is worth it. *smile*

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations! Baby #3 is so much fun!

Karly said...

Congrats again! I remember you telling me not to tell anyone, so I didn't tell my mom or anyone else down here. So now I'm glad to be able to open my mouth and spread the word! Also love the sand box. What a great idea...you guys are such fun parents. :)

melissa said...

Water and sand . . . you're almost at the beach. Just dump some salt in and add an industrial fan!
Here's the real question . . . Is an hour's woth of fun worth the extra clean-up????
Probably!
Well, I hope you are feeling better and can't wait to see the next little cutie. are yougoing to find out the baby's gender or wait for a surprise?

melissa said...

Water and sand . . . you're almost at the beach. Just dump some salt in and add an industrial fan!
Here's the real question . . . Is an hour's woth of fun worth the extra clean-up????
Probably!
Well, I hope you are feeling better and can't wait to see the next little cutie. are yougoing to find out the baby's gender or wait for a surprise?

Mollie said...

Oh how fun, Morgan, I am so happy for you!

Unknown said...

Huge congrats you guys! So excited for you. There is definitely nothing like holding a newborn baby in your arms. It's the best, and makes all those hard pregnancy moments worth it! Hope you are doing well.