Thursday, November 6, 2008

74 days to go! Woohoo! --->

Or oh, NO! It depends on the day; or rather, the moment (I'm pregnant, remember?). I'm starting to get apprehensive about labor. Labor sucks. I guess I need to read more of the pain free childbirth philosophies and try to stay positive. I could just try to get there early enough to get an epidural, but my stubborn pride... Being tough is about the most fundamental aspect of my personality. Ever since I was a little kid I've had to be tough. That includes my first cavity when I could feel EVERYTHING, but didn't say a word (who knew you could ask for more Novocain?). It didn't help that the dentist was a family friend that had known me from the day I was born. I had a reputation to protect! It also includes the time I skinned my knee REALLY bad at school; so bad that it actually did make me cry, but I had to go hide to do it. And my childhood crowning achievement: I skinned my knee really bad (again. But the other knee this time; I know because I still have both of the scars) at my friend's house and writhed in pain in my seat the whole way home without shedding a tear. When we got home and my dad saw it in the light, he said, "Wow, that's really bad! I'm surprised you didn't cry!" That one comment made it all worth it. I'd do it 10 more times if it meant my dad would be impressed. You see how demented I am!? So, yeah. I'm a glutton for punishment. I'm not too prideful to take the epidural; just too prideful to take it unless I NEED it. Okay, enough complaining. Here's the pregnant belly picture:Okay, one more complaint. Can we say "farmer's tan?" Can you even call that a tan? More like white and off white. I don't think I'll ever be able to approach anything you could categorize as tan. No, wait, that's not my complaint. Here it is:

Why do I look so huge? I'm 29 and a half weeks along. I have several friends that are due right around the same time as I am and none of them look like this! I win hands down (or is it lose?). Somehow I'm still within the target range of weight gain (how that's possible is beyond me), but look at that baby gut! And it is the wiggliest thing ever. I wouldn't be surprised if the baby was born strong enough to crawl. I actually have a spot on my abdomen that feels bruised today! Joking aside, though, this pregnancy has been easier overall than the others were. I still have all the same ailments, just less frequently or less intense. Hopefully things continue to follow that pattern through till delivery. Only 10 weeks to go! Actually, if the pattern does continue, it will be more like 8 weeks... We'll see.

1 comments:

Cummins Family said...

Morgan!!! What do you mean HUGE? Your belly is NOT that big! But I know...it's how you feel! You do look sooo cute though! Are you tough or just stubborn??!! Just kidding, it's probably a bit of both. But that's coming from a big baby! I opted for the epidural at 4 cm with both girls! You know what though.... I LOVE IT! I've had friends who had it all natural and then with the next one thay got the epidural and wondered why they hadn't done that before! Your labors are so fast though, I bet by the time you said "I want an epidural" you'd be crowning! You're pretty tough! Anyway, I love you!