Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The usual

Nothing much to report lately, but I do have lots of pictures. One funny story is that the other day my sister Gina was over and she asked Ryker to lick some yogurt that had spilled off a chair she wanted to sit in. He said, "Umm, no, you can do it. You're a big girl."

He's been doing a lot better lately, though not today. Today he's way outta control. But in general, his behavior has been a bit better. Thank goodness!

Raelin is getting so independent and is rapidly learning to read. She does better when I'm not the one working with her on it though. But I've had a change of heart about trying to work with her on anything and maybe that will have an effect soon. We'll see.

Alaina is a little doll. She's getting so big (but she's still so small!). I love to hold her and find different ways to carry her in my various carriers. Most of you know that I have my quirky philosophies and passions about...well, everything really. One of them is babywearing. I love the idea of having your baby close to you all the time and I like that it fosters their development and growth. It also helps foster a secure attachment with the caregiver. A lot of people do it because they don't think that babies are supposed to be left alone for much of the time. I like the thought that they were made to be with us and to interact with their family and the things going on around them. So I try to do things that promote that idea and babywearing is one of them. I also hope that being right there with me while I am working will help her to be more willing to work and help when she gets older. So if you see me out in the yard with a baby strapped to my back, now you know why.
These are a bunch of pictures of kid feet. I'm trying to figure out how people get those great photos of newborns and siblings. I love taking picturers and I want to learn everything I can about how to take great pictures. That's the best feature digital cameras have to offer for me--my camera is my teacher. Being able to see how my pictures turn out right away helps me to take better pictures. But there are still SO many things I can't figure out! Anyone that wants to give me tips, please do!
And the rest are cute Alaina pictures. She started smiling about two weeks ago and it just makes my day to get one of her toothless, dimpled grins!


She sleeps like this a lot--with her hands wide open and her long fingers splayed. So funny!

Curled up and fast asleep.

The cat loves this baby. She curls up by her all the time. In this picture, I put Alaina down for a nap and Motors came and joined her later.
And this is Alaina at two months old. She's so big!

Lastly, I'm in the market for a new puppy, so if any of you Utahns know of a litter of English Pointers in existence or planned for this summer, let me know. Here's a picture of what they look like.

3 comments:

C Tam said...

Cute kids! I know the camera, exposure, and settings has a lot to do with how pictures turn out. My cousin's wife takes the cutest shots of their kids with a Nikon (she's not a pro, but the photos look like it!) I could ask her the exact model of camera she uses, if you want to put it on your wish list. check it out: www.genasue.blogspot.com

Vanessa said...

Your kids are all so cute, even their feet are so cute! :) Your baby is absolutely beautiful! Love seeing all the pics!

Karly said...

Alaina is so cute! Your pictures are so adorable of her, I can't wait to meet her some day. Hopefully soon before she gets so big. She's so cute as a tiny little baby. :)