Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Due Date!

Well, we got in for an ultrasound today to find out when the heck to expect this baby of ours. Baby is due July 5, 2010, just two days before Ryker's birthday! Of course, it's a rough estimate (+/- 10 days--please be minus!). So this means that I am 18 weeks and 1 day along. Almost halfway! That's one of the things I like about waiting to announce a new addition; the time just flies by when it's not such a frequent topic of conversation. Not that I don't like talking about it; I do! But I really don't like being pregnant, so the shorter it feels the better. I have some pictures and I'll see if my computer-geek physicist brother-in-law can get them scanned to the computer for me this evening. I don't know how to do it with Linux. Wait, I think I just figured it out... Yup there we go! I'm a genius!

The first on is the hardest to see (if you click on the image, it will open in a new screen much bigger and easier to see), but it's the baby's profile and it's facing up with a hand in front of it's forehead. The second one is the face with a big vacant space where it's brain should be. Hopefully it's in there somewhere...
This one is the hand (kinda looks like the baby is flippin' the bird, but it's actually the baby's other hand) and the next one is a foot.

No gender shot because it's going to be a surprise! I asked the tech not to tell me. She told Ryker she'd tell him if he payed her a lot of money and I'm sure that offer is on the table for any of you that are dying to know! ;0)

So now for the name game... This takes a long time. It's really the only reason we'd be interested in finding out gender; so I'd have half as many names to weed through.

The other thing we learned from this ultrasound is that the placenta is a bit close to the cervix for comfort and we should check on it again later to be sure it's moved far enough away for a safe birth. It usually does, but the tech said we should check later just in case.

1 comments:

Vanessa said...

Congrats! That is one beautiful baby!