Monday, May 24, 2010

Random goings on, sad news, and belly pics

One of our neighbors gave us a basketball hoop. (We have great neighbors around here! I can't tell you all the wonderful things they do for us!) Raelin LOVES to play basketball! She is such a natural athlete. I love it. You should see this girl run! One day she went from little toddler girl run to nearly perfect form. And she is FAST! Ryker likes to have Brice stop a little ways from home so he can get out and run the rest of the way. Yesterday, both kids got out on our way home from church. Brice clocked Raelin at over 11 miles an hour. In church shoes.

All the kids like to help Daddy mow the lawn.
Brice built a shed and a deck and some other things for a family in Provo and they have TONS of birds all around their property. We were sitting under a tree eating lunch and we saw this:
Baby birds are so stinking ugly that they are cute!

Yup, definitely my daughter!
No doubt about it.
Here's my most recent belly picture. My sweet friend gave me a gift certificate to Motherhood and I got this cute shirt! So nice to have cute maternity clothes! It helps me not to look quite so much like a whale. I'm not huge, but my belly sure is! And it's getting bigger every day. Brice says I've almost graduated from basketball to beach ball. It's true.

I love this face:
But it was a sad day. We went up the canyon last Sunday to take the dogs for a hike. But they were out of the car before the kids and we just weren't ready. They, however, were, and they bolted. I took the kids on a little hike while Brice drove around looking for the dogs. Finally, it got time to get the kids home and to bed so we left our # with the nearest campers and also with the camp host at the campground lower down. And we left my t-shirt in the turnout where we'd parked because a houndsman had told me that a lot of times, dogs will sniff out their owners when they're done gallivanting, so if you leave something that smells like you and come back for them later, they will be within calling range. So we put the kids to bed and then Brice went back up to search for the dogs. Cooper was curled up in a ball right by my shirt! But no Zuma. Brice and William and Cooper hiked miles, and now that Cooper was checking in, he was allowed to run laps around them, covering a TON of ground. If Zuma was anywhere in the area, Cooper would have found her and she would have followed him back to Brice. Meanwhile, I was chatting with my sister online (we're such losers) and I told her about losing the dogs. Her hubby decided that they were going to go help look, so they got dressed (it was after 10:00), hopped in their car and came down from Lehi to help find out dogs. They brought their dog with them, hoping that she would be a help. When Gina and Toby got up there, Brice and William had just lost Cooper. Again. So William took our car back down to my shirt and he was there waiting again! So William and Cooper went home and Gina, Toby, Brice, and Sadie (G&T's dog) continued the search. No luck. I've been up the canyon a couple of times this week trying to catch the campers that were there that night to see if they had her, looking for her, and posting fliers. I've also been to the pound several times (which is where I'm headed this morning as soon as Alaina wakes up). No luck. We're pretty sure that she got picked up by someone or else our little search party would have found her. Now we just have to keep hoping that whoever has her is decent enough to try to find us. I miss her...

4 comments:

Gina said...

I AM NOT A LOSER!!! I am the coolest person you know.

NicholsSouth said...

So sad about Zuma. I hope you guys find her and you do not look like a whale!! Pregos are way cute no matter what. And those are the best shirts from Motherhood! I have one as well and I could wear it all the time.

The Stevos said...

I sure hope you find your dog and Gina... only part loser ;)

Morgan said...

Pregnant is cute if you have flattering clothes! Most of my maternity clothes are the mu mu kind that kinda drape around you and hang off the belly. In them, I do look a bit whale-ish, but in fitted shirts made to show off the belly, not so much. I just look like I have a basketball stuffed under my shirt.