Monday, January 12, 2009

Um, yeah. Still preggo...

So, my Dr.'s appointment didn't go as I had hoped today. What is with this kid?! Brice says she's definitely my baby; she knows it's cold out and she wants to stay where it's nice and warm as long as possible. Guess we won't be seeing her until May or something! Anyway, I'm "a tight 2," which means all the contractions this week have done hardly anything. The baby's head isn't engaged or anything (though the Dr. said that could happen with one contraction) and I'd been wondering if she had moved back up in the last day or two because I've had more trouble breathing. The Dr. doubted that I'd make it to my next appointment (Tuesday the 20th) without delivering, but I'm getting skeptical. I think she just wants to stay in there forever. Maybe she's part fish and she likes the water...

I'm open to suggestions for getting labor started if any of you know of anything that actually works. Apparently shoveling snow doesn't cut it...

9 comments:

NicholsSouth said...

I've heard raspberry tea. I had a raspberry smoothie a couple of days ago but I'm not really sure I can say that helped. That's just what I've heard. That and walking. Good luck! We are praying for you!

Brenda said...

Good luck with your coming attraction! I was wondering if you'd had her - but I guess not yet. Sounds like you guys are doing well and staying very busy!

Cummins Family said...

Someone told me to have a big Tablespoon of corn syrup, I tried that twice, and I don't know if it worked but after I did it the second time the next morning my water broke. ???? By the way, that's the grossest feeling ever!!! It just keeps leaking! I also heard FRESH pineapple has an enzym that helps soften the cervix, I tried that too. It has to be fresh, not canned though. Spicey foods, and then there's, well...sex ( but who wants to do that when they feel like a whale and have elephantitus of the crotch??) Maybe your baby is all about punctuality, you know, maybe she just wants to be right on time!

Jessica said...

jump rope! good luck with these last few days...she'll come soon!

Sherrill said...

Hang in there and tell that cutie to NOT hang in there but come out to play. I hated the visits with the news of no news! Raspberry leaf tea is good for sure and a couple other things could work. Ask Julie (Frazier) she's a pro with ideas. I drank Castor oil with Lauren and that was just yucky and ineffective :)

Anonymous said...

You're too late for the 6 week herbs I would have recommended. My next recommendation is to go to the mall and walk for several hours! At least that's what I did with my last one who wasn't coming fast enough for my liking. I was 38 weeks and done! My feet were super puffy and I was exhausted after all that walking, but labor started the next day.

I ditto Raspberry Leaf Tea, not to be confused with Raspberry Tea. It tones the uterus really well and makes recovery so much better. You need to take it several times a day, though.

This is what I would have recommended if you weren't so far along:

http://www.herbsfirst.com/descriptionsformulas/prenatalformula.html

It was amazing stuff! I've never had better recoveries than when I took it. Made a huge difference. Keep it in mind for next time (wink, wink).

Emily said...

I went into labor with both my kids by going for a swim... but that only works in CA, I guess. (Plus it was summer...) ;)

NicholsSouth said...

Yeah, no baby here either but we're trying! Lots of walking. :) But soon enough...they can't stay in there forever! These kids probably want to make a grand entrance...wonder where they get THAT from!

Sophia said...

Congratulations!! You are still in the hospital but I have been getting regular email updates from Grandma Ilene. She is very diligent!! Alaina is gorgeous I hope all went well and good luck with the coming weeks, months!!