Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Creating my own tag--just for Gina

So, my sister is giving me a hard time (all in good fun) because I didn't tag her in my tag post (scroll down). Admittedly, I'd give her a hard time too if the situation was reversed. So I decided to start my own tag post just for her so she could not only be included, but be the star. So, my tag is to find your favorite picture of a sibling and write about a favorite memory with that person (If you don't have a sibling, do it for your best friend).So this is my little sister, Gina Marie. I need to get more pictures of her. The two I had in mind were from my pre-digital-days, so I couldn't use them. One of my favorite memories was a few years ago on her birthday. If you know Gina, she LOVES her birthday. It's her favorite month of the year, and yes, she does celebrate all month long. Her birthday is September 13th, for any of you that want to contribute to her special day next year. So a few years ago I planned a surprise for her. I got all the stuff together for a foil dinner lunch and took her and my kids up to a gorgeous spot up Alpine Loop. We built a fire (yes, the Lawler girls do know how to build fires all by themselves!) and made our foil dinner-lunches and played and hiked and took some great pictures of all the beautiful fall colors. I wanted to use a picture from that trip for this post, but, alas, I only have prints and no digital copies. I think what makes it a great memory for me was just how happy Gina was that day. She loves foil dinners (who doesn't?) and she loves the canyon and fall colors and she loves her niece and nephew and hopefully she loves me too, so it made a for a great birthday surprise. She was all smiles. And as you can see, she has a beautiful smile! Love you Gina!

To get this tag going, I tag everyone who is on my blog list to the left. If you aren't on it and should be, leave a comment so I get your blog added to my list! I love to read about what friends and family are up to!

3 comments:

melissa said...

You know this creates problems when you have more than one sibling. Not that I have a favorite or anything . . . !!!

Well, actually, I love the idea. I'll just have to do it three times!

Happy Family said...

Wow! that is Gina? Holy cow? It has been years since I have seen her and I still imagined her so little!

She is all grown up!!

Gina said...

Heck yeah. Finally something all about ME!...you are the best sister I have ever had. Thank you so much for that. I remember that birthday. Part of why it was so much fun was because i had been sick for like a week and a half. But after that trip i was ALL better. That was so much fun thanks Morgan. And YES i love you too. Your kids just fit in my lap way batter then your prego butt-ay. That made my day!! Thank you!!