Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter!

We have the greatest Easter tradition (in case you didn't already know that). First the kids get their egg hunt which takes about 15 or 20 minutes. And then the grown-ups (can you call us grown-ups if we still get excited about hunting for eggs?) get to go a-hunting. My dad hides our eggs really hard (and then we hide each other's harder as we come across them) and it takes us a good hour or two to find them all, even though we each only have 10 eggs. We end up in trees, on roofs, under RV's, climbing poles, etc. It's great! Of course, I only have pictures of the kids' hunt because I was too busy hunting to take pictures of the adult hunt. But there are pictures and if I ever get them, I'll post them. We look ridiculous, I'm sure.



Ryker was in a hurry everywhere he went

Alaina loved the robin eggs and M&M's but she couldn't chew them so the colored chocolate goo was constantly dribbling down her chin. It didn't help anything that she'd shove 4 or 5 of them in her little mouth at a time. It was really gross!
Their loot:
So much fun! The kids helped the grown-ups at the end because we were having trouble (as usual) with our last few. They had a totally different vantage point, being so much lower to the ground, which helped a lot!

This weekend was also General Conference for church where we get to listen to our prophets and apostles speak to us. We spent the weekend at my parents' house since we don't have TV. Aside from the spiritual side of things (which was wonderful, as always) we also had LOTS of yummy food. I'm still full. It was my birthday on Sunday, so we had even more yummy food and cheesecake. What a full weekend! It was great!

0 comments: