Thursday, April 15, 2010

Venting

So, Raelin opened up to me about some friend trouble she's had. She keeps to herself most of the time, but I know that if kids are even just a little unkind to her, she takes it really hard (I did too when I was little). But it turns out that some girl who used to be her friend shoved her face in the snow and pulled her hair! What the...!? Poor little thing. She was so sad when she told me about it (you should have seen that bottom lip poking out!). It was hard to send her to school today. Obviously this happened a while ago, since there hasn't been a decent amount of snow on the ground in a while, but it still breaks my heart to hear about her troubles, no matter how long ago it happened. I don't really feel like homeschool is the right thing for her right now, but I sure wish I could just keep her home and safe from mean kids! Why are kids like that? How can they be so mean? Especially to a sweet, nice little girl like Raelin. I could understand someone shoving Ryker's face in the snow (not that I'd be okay with that, but I'd at least understand that Ryker probably did something to provoke it), but Raelin? She's so nice and kind to people. She doesn't ruffle feathers or be mean to people. Why do people pick on her? Poor thing. The only thing I could even think to tell her was that it's not her fault. That kids who are mean like that are mean because they feel yucky about themselves and not because they think she is yucky. So sad...

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Poor Raelin! I think it's hard to send kids to school not knowing what will happen. And teaching them the right way to get through those hard times.

Keep up the good work, you teach me a lot about how to do things!

Mollie said...

So sad! How can kids be so mean?! I really don't know if I could handle that as nicely as you did. I would want to find the girl and shove her face into something much harder than snow. I guess that's not the "adult" way to handle it. I'm so sad for Raelin!

Laura & Eliza said...

AWWW! Thats mean! Poor little cutie!

Vanessa said...

Poor thing! Kids can be so mean, I know because we deal with that too!

Jordan said...

Oh boy! We are having a similar concern with our oldest. He's a sensitive, kind, mellow boy and when others are even a little unkind, it's the end of his world. I want tell all those little twirps hurting my boy to shove it (but that wouldn't be appropriate, would it?)!