Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Anniversary Trip

Well, I've been wanting a webpage to share my pictures with family and friends, but I think this is just as good and it's easier.

Recent events:
Brice and I went on a trip for our 5th anniversary and it was awesome! We went a little late because of moving to our new house and whatnot. It was my year to plan the trip (we take turns planning a surprise trip) and we got up really early Wednesday and went for a hot air balloon ride in Park City. It was gorgeous! Then we headed south and went camping in Zion National Park. We went on some great hikes and totaled over 20 miles in three days, some of which count double because we were hiking upstream IN the Virgin River (not next to or near, but IN). The Narrows hike was impressive! If you want to do an overnighter in the backcountry of the Narrows, you're supposed to get a private shuttle to drop you off at the top so you can hike to the camp sites halfway through and hike out in the morning. The shuttle fares were ridiculous so we hiked from the bottom up to our camp site and back down in the morning. The water was so murky that you couldn't see what you were walking on or how deep the water was, and the current is fast. There's very little shore to walk on; rock walls dive into the water on both sides for most of the way, so you have to walk in the river.



















This is a razorback scary cliff that we crossed on our Angel's Landing hike. You climb 1500 feet in elevation in 2.5 miles for a 360 degree panoramic view. That's me in the red doing the monkey walk so that I'm closer to the ground if I fall. It's like a brazilian feet straight down to my death if I fell! SCARY!




We made it to the top! Brice is a billy goat without any fear and he just hopped along while I clung to the chains and poles and rocks and crawled my way along.


Brice started school today! He's excited to just plow through the rest of his schooling. We decided that it was time to succumb to the loan sharks and just get it done--working and going to school is just not worth it anymore!

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of our newest addition! No, I'm not pregnant! I'm getting a puppy! I've been wanting this puppy since before Ryker was born so I'm really excited. She's flying in on September 12th, a week from tomorrow, or 8 days from now (I'm not counting down or anything and I'm not obsessed either!).

The kids are doing well. They are funny and cute and mischievous. Today they are grumpy and tired. I'm really not helping the situation by playing on the computer...Hmm...

9 comments:

Grandma said...

Thank you for sharing your anniversary hike, sweetheart! I must say, you and Brice have a lot of spunk. We are impressed with your adventurous spirits. Good for you both!

Love, Grandma Ilene

Papa Somers said...

Nice Story. Very Nice Pic's. I'm glad you had an anniversary trip to remember!

Dad Somers

Long live the monkey walk!

LAURA and ELIZA said...

CUTE BLOG MORGS!!

Dee said...

Those pictures are mazing....what a beautiful place to hike. you planned a wonderful trip.

Love you, Mom

Papa Somers said...

Cute addition to the family - but I can't figure out which one of you he looks the most like!!
Great pictures, great trip -Wish I had been there. Mimi

13th Floor said...

What fun! Glad you had a great trip! Love the pics.
Ror

Anonymous said...

Morgan, I have the picture of you in the swing - it's among my favorites! How fun to have one of Raelin, too!

Your puppy is beautiful and looks like he is going to be big.

Thanks for blessing our lives!

Grandma & Grandpa Ellsworth

Anonymous said...

I have the photo of you in the swing...how fun to have the same shot with Raelin. Your grandchildren will thank you someday!

Your puppy is adorable. Thanks for all you and Brice do to enrich our lives, dear ones!

Grandma Ilene

Anonymous said...

I have a copy of the photo with you in the swing...how fun to have one of Raelin, too! Your grandchildren will thank you!

Your puppy is adorable!

Love you always,

Grandma Ilene