Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ryker

Some of these Ryker pictures are kind of old, but they're just too cute not to share.














This one is from Christmastime. If you ask Ryker to give you a blink, this is what you get. It is Papa's (Brice's dad's) trademark with the kids. He teaches it to them when they are just babies.



I guess these pictures don't really portray Ryker's personality very accurately; there needs to be one of him throwing a tantrum or something. He's a happy and hilarious little boy most of the time that loves tractors and trucks and tools and cars...














that loves to talk on the phone and pretend...




and eat all sorts of food... (Grandpa Tom was blown away by how much food this little body could pack away! He will eat whatever is put in front of him and still want more!) I LOVE his hair in this picture, by the way. So long and silky. I'm sure that's just what every boy is after: long, silky, luxurious hair.


and play outside, running and climbing...

But then there is also that Ryker that is a holy terror--few people belive that he exists, but I assure you he does!! He wants his way and he wants it NOW. And if he's tired, oh boy, watch out! This cute little innocent cherub-faced boy turns into a kicking, thrashing, hitting, crying demon! His latest thing is when I say, "Oh, Ryker, no thank you, can you please put that down?" He THROWS it at me! GRRR! Usually the reason I'm asking him not to touch something is because it's breakable or spillable. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to take away his food or drink because he's been playing with it (he loves to "dip" all of his food in milk like cookies, including cheese, pancakes, tacos, oatmeal, rice, lettuce, applesauce, coffee cake, etc., etc., etc.) and he smacks it out of my hands and sends it flying across the kitchen.

On the other hand, he is extremely articulate and says such cute things. I love it when he says, "Is that amazing?" His tone of voice when he's being polite, which is most of the time--he's a VERY polite little boy--is the best. "Mommy, can I have some more milk please?" His voice goes up and down with the size of the letters, ending in this high pitched squeaky voice. Then I give him some and he says, "Ooohh, THANK you!!" like I just gave him the biggest cookie in the world. When someone sneezes he says, "Bless you!" and they say, "thank you." and he says, "YOU're WELcome!" with a little happy feet hop. His mood often determines the mood of the household because he's so dynamic and energetic at everything he does. Whether he's happy and excited about finding his shoes or cleaning his room, or mad and fiery because he has to clean his room or stop hitting the fish tank--or his sister, he does it with passion! And yes, I did mean to have cleaning his room as something he can be happy about or angry about! It just depends on the day. Or the hour. Or the minute. Or when he ate last. Or what he ate last. Or... Never mind. You get the idea.

1 comments:

Gina said...

He is my favorite boy and i love these pictures of him. they are so cuite!!!!!!! I miss you guys so much.